<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 08, 2004

This Week's Goals

#1 - Buy a pedometer. For those of you who don't know what a 'pedometer' is, it's a training tool, usually worn clipped to a belt or waistband, that helps you gauge how far you've gone on foot. They usually cost anywhere from $10 to $30, depending on what features they also include. For example, some pedometers also include a calorie counter, heart rate monitor or even an FM radio! Some are digital, while others are analog. . . there are lots of options. I've seen a few I liked in the sporting goods store at the big mall, so I plan to go up there on Saturday.

#2 - Establish a regular gym routine. During the most stressful period of my working life, when I needed to go the most, I ended up decreasing my gym-time. This was a killer for both my mental and physical health. This week, I have gotten to the gym twice and feel better than I have since September. I don't think it will be a problem to keep going on my current schedule, but I want to keep it on my goal list so it's always in my mind.

I also want to take advantage of their treadmill for after-work walking workouts while it's still too dark to train outside.

#3 - Invest in more gym clothes. As my training needs increase, so will my gym-time. Right now I only have 1 set of gym clothes. This is completely unacceptable, especially in cold weather. Even with wicking fabrics, sweat will still make you freeze.

#4 - Start training! On Saturday afternoon, I plan to take a walk around the park. That involves getting to the park, which is several blocks away, and then walking the jogging trail, which runs around the perimeter. It's a great walk and I feel healthy enough to make it with energy to spare.

In the meantime, I'm waiting for my startup kit to arrive from the Avon Walk before I start my full fundraising push. Stay tuned for more information on how to contribute to my fundraising goal of $1800.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com