<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Surgery Countdown

Tomorrow is Mary's surgery, so I'd like to post something she wrote to me this past Friday:

I want to thank you for being so brave, Liz, for taking on this challenge that you have ahead and for doing it in my honor. I've never had anyone show such love for me....I will never be able to thank you.

I don't feel particularly brave, but I do feel good. This challenge is filling a void in my heart that I allowed to grow, which made me bitter and resentful of everything in my life, including the great things. That's not a good way to be.

The way that you can thank me, Mary, is to get well and recover enough to come out and cheer me on while I walk the Walk and come to visit with me in the Wellness Village afterwards. You are an amazing and wonderful woman who has shared so much of yourself with me; walking 40 miles in your honor is only the beginning of what I have to share with you.

Thank you for being my motivation and support. It's because you, and everyone else, believes in me, that I'll be able to do this and do it well.





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com