<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Double Mastectomy

I found out this morning the my step-mom is scheduled to have her double mastectomy in a few weeks.

If you pray, please think of her and send out some good vibes. For those of you who are Catholic, she has a special devotion to St. Therese of the Little Flower, so if there's a special novena or something to say, to ask for her intercession, that would be really nice, too.

St. Therese believed that doing the simplest things in life joyfully, and with your entire heart, is what would lead you closer to Paradise, taking an active role in her own Salvation and demonstrating that it was possible for women and children to do Good Works, even if they were small. Perhaps her most famous quote is this:

“My mission--to make God loved--will begin after my death. I will spend my heaven doing good on earth. I will let fall a shower of roses.”

Do Good Works today and every day, no matter how small. =)




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com